Improve UX for biometrics login (webauthn - passwordless login)

Hello Auth0 Team and Community,

I am reaching out to suggest an improvement to the user experience surrounding the WebAuthn biometrics login flow currently implemented in Auth0. I believe this enhancement could significantly simplify the authentication process, aligning it more closely with the streamlined experiences offered by many modern banking applications.

Current Biometrics Login Flow:

1. Open app
  2. Enter email
  3. Press button to continue with biometrics
  4. Verify biometrics

While functional, I find this flow to be somewhat lengthy and not as user-friendly as it could be, especially for frequent users who access the app multiple times a day.

Proposed Biometrics Login Flow:

1. Open app
  2. Biometrics prompt appears immediately for verification

This proposed flow would eliminate the need for entering an email and pressing a separate button to initiate biometrics verification, thereby reducing friction and enhancing the overall user experience.

I believe this change would not only speed up the login process but also bring an added layer of convenience and efficiency, greatly appreciated by users who value quick and secure access.

Best regards,
Anina

PS: i already talked to the support and they gave this answer: I went ahead and asked internally about the functionality of the “banking app flow” that we have talked about, and unfortunately, universal login does not permit that at this time.