How to test reCaptcha

Hi!
I added a captcha to my custom login page (classic) as described here: Add Bot Detection to Custom Login Pages. But actually I could not find a way to test if everything is working fine. The challenge response is always: {required: false}… I tried a VPN, Private-Windows, User-Agent, …

Is there a way to force the captcha-challenge? I just want to test if everything looks good and also want to test if the error-cases are handled correctly by myself.

Thank you and best wishes!

You can test invisible recaptcha by using Chrome emulator. You will need to add a new custom device (BOT) in developer tools, and set User Agent String to Googlebot/2.1 on Desktop . Then use the new BOT device when testing on your site to trigger the recaptcha authentication.

Hi Roslyn! Thank you for your help!
I tried your approach, but the response is still {required: false}…

Setup:

• I’m using the auth0 branding section in the dashboard for the custom login page
  • I added the code from the example in the auth0 docs (Add Bot Detection to Custom Login Pages)
  • I have “auth0-js”: “9.14.0”, installed
  • I created an reCaptcha invisible via Google-reCaptcha-Account and enabled Bot Detection via the Auth0-Dashboard, also pasted the keys

Test:

• Open LandingPage
  • Open Chrome Inspector (with BOT, Googlebot/2.1 on Desktop)
  • Click login, which redirects me to the login-page (custom domain)
  • Response from challenge {required: false} → not captcha is getting displayed.

Previous message deleted due to SPAM reasons.

Hello, I would kindly ask you to provide more information about how to call captcha.

Currently in my project I use Simple Captcha When Risky, and I’ve already read Roslyn comment but It didnt help. I was also trying to change geolocation, etc. I see this topic has not been resolved for so long and I decided to put comment here

Are there any chances that you could provide more ideas?

I just have to mention that I found the solution. There’s need to change user agent, however not using chrometools but chome extension called Custom User Agent String

and just add the Bad User Agent inside

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that with the rest of community!

This FAQ explains how to manually trigger Captcha for testing, so link it to this topic.