How to set Passwordless login to from "code" to "link" in Auth0 Dashboard

Hi, I have an existing login page all set up with auth0. Whenever a user tries to log in from the app it works as expected ie redirecting and authenticating but a code(OTP) is sent to the user’s email address. However, what I want is to send the user a Link as the docs.

Please how do I solve this problem?

I have even changed the passwordless template to include passwordLessMethod: "link" NOT WORKING

I am using auth0-react, is there a way I can run the code instead?

// Send a link using email
  webAuth.passwordlessStart({
      connection: 'email',
      send: 'link',
      email: 'USER_EMAIL'
    }, function (err,res) {
      // handle errors or continue
    }
  );

Hi @danjuma,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you are encountering problems with configuring Passwordless to send a link.

After looking very closely at your code snippets, I noticed a very subtle typo, specifically with a capital L in passwordLessMethod: "link"

Could you please modify your Universal Login Page Passwordless Template with:

passwordlessMethod: 'link'

After making these changes, I’m confident that your Passwordless login will send a link instead of a code.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thank you.

Thanks, @rueben.tiow it worked, but I noticed I am not getting the users verified like ie sending a code that the user’s email with a magic link when they click the link it redirects the user to the homepage and not the dashboard as I expected, this behavior worked perfectly with

passwordlessMethod: 'code' // authenticates and redirects to dashboard

Do you think I need to setup something from auth0’s dashboard?

Hi @danjuma,

Thank you for your response.

Did you make sure that your Passwordless Universal Login page has configured the redirectUrl option? https://auth0.com/docs/libraries/lock#passwordless-example

Here is an example:

var lock = new Auth0LockPasswordless(config.clientID, config.auth0Domain, {
  auth: {
    redirectUrl: config.callbackURL,   
  }
});

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.