How to create a user by sending email invitation?

Hello,
I want to create a user & send an email for password change. What is the best practice to achieve that?

• I am reading Send Email Invitations for Application Signup and looks like you have to have a user created prior to sending the email. Is this correct?
  • Looks like password is must in Create User. I do not want to create a user with dummy password and then call Change password.
  • My goal is, find out a way to create the user and send email to create their password. This way user get created and they set their own password.

Hi @Gunjan.Parmar,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you would like to create a user and send them an email invitation.

The Send Email Invitations for Application Signup is the correct way to accomplish this, as you have found. First, you must create the user with an email, password, and connection properties at the minimum. After doing so, you can repurpose a change password reset email as an email invitation.

Yes, this is correct. You will need to create the user on their behalf before sending them the email invitation.

Unfortunately, you cannot avoid this. All database users must be created with a username and password combination.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.