I can’t login after completing my database migration (as outlined here: https://auth0.com/docs/connections/database/migrating#4-complete-the-migration)
Here’s what I did for my test run at this:
- Switched the default “Username-Password-Authentication” database to “Use my own database” and turned on “Import Users to Auth0” in settings.
- I configured the “Login” and “Get User” database action scripts.
- I was then able to login using credentials from the custom database, and the user was created in Auth0 within the “Username-Password-Authentication” database.
- Once my single user was imported, I edited the two database action scripts so that they returned the NO-OP function as outlined in the docs.
- I then turned off “Import Users to Auth0”.
- At this point I could no longer login using the credentials from the old database.
- After reseting the passwordI could login.
- I then noticed that there were now additional database action scripts. The guide says “You will need to implement the other script types for sign up, email verification, password reset and delete user functionality on the Auth0 database that you have migrated to.”… so I’m not sure what to do there (more NO-OP scripts?)
- “Use my own database” cannot be turned off now, due to there being members already in the database.
So how do I tidy this up? And is it possible to avoid having all my users having to change their passwords?