Auth0 Home Blog Docs

hosted pages - link to signup or login as intial screen?

signup
hosted-login-page

I see the initialScreen option to lock can be used to control what UI is presented at first to the user and I would like to drive this off some hint in the config on the hosted login/signup page.

Server-side, I’m using node/express and passport-auth0. Is there any way to pass something in here that I can use in the hosted page’s lock code?

@chris.whatley you can pass in custom parameters to hosted login page to handle this. Please refer to https://auth0.com/docs/hosted-pages/login#pass-in-custom-parameters

Thanks, but that is just part of the equation. I’m using passport-auth0 and want a way to have a /register controller in my app that calls passport.authenticate(‘auth0’) in a way that communicates to the hosted lock page that it should display a signup instead of login.

E.g., I’d like to be able to do something like passport.authenticate('auth0', {initialScreen: 'SignUp'}) and have that available in the config on the hosted lock page, but the auth0 passport strategy filters out anything it is not specifically designed to accept there.

Thanks, but that is just part of the equation. I’m using passport-auth0 and want a way to have a /register controller in my app that calls passport.authenticate(‘auth0’) in a way that communicates to the hosted lock page that it should display a signup instead of login.

E.g., I’d like to be able to do something like passport.authenticate('auth0', {initialScreen: 'SignUp'}) and have that available in the config on the hosted lock page, but the auth0 passport strategy filters out anything it is not specifically designed to accept there.