Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Google Single account login does not present a way to use any other account

lock
auth0
login

Hi There,

• I integrated the Google as federated identity
  • Logged in using an account using the authorization endpoint.
  • I also made sure to use logout URL for Auth0 thereafter.
  • Next time I attempted to used authorization endpoint it directly logged me in with the last user.
  • When I signed out of the Google account as well I was able to view the prompt for next login attempt.
    ail account.
  • if I however have another google account loggedin (the browser) then it allows me account selection.

Currently I could not find any way to force the user to select an account using the “prompt : select account option”. Please let us know if this is possible.

Best Regards,
Jatin

Google has the option to indicate, in the authorization request, that it should show the account chooser.
You can do this in two ways:

• by asking this from your application, adding a prompt=select_account in the authorization request (this is good when you only want to trigger this based on some specific conditions)
  • by patching the Google connection so that it always sends this parameter.

To force passing parameters to the identity provider you’ll need to use the Management API v2 Update a Connection endpoint and Include this value in the options object of the connection:

"upstream_params":{
  "prompt":{ "value" : "select_account" }
}

Remember, when patching the options value, that you first need to read its current content and include it in the patch body, so that it looks like this:

{
  "options" : {
    [...], // all previously existing options
    "upstream_params":{
      "prompt":{ "value" : "select_account" }
    }
}