Get sample data with stream analytics

Hello All,

I am using continuous export and stream analytics for a Power BI report. But I have some problems configuring the inputs for stream analytics.

Continuous export writes data to a blob storage.

But when I click on “sample data” I got the error message:

“No events were found in ‘input’ for the specified time range”.

But I am sure there is data stored for this time range.

My path prefix pattern looks like:

application insights resource_keywithoutdashes/Requests/{date}/{time}

My application insights resource has a whitespace and I have everything in lowercases.

I followed these steps: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/app-insights-export-power-bi/|Qlikview BI

When I inspect the blob where the data is stored I see the container named “stats”. This container has a folder named “application insights resource_keywithoutdashes” and this folder has a folder Requests, in that folder there are folders for every day since I started Continuous export. This folders are named like “2016-10-04” and these have folders named 00, 01, 02 to 23.

I tried to change the path prefix pattern to “stats/application insights resource_keywithoutdashes/Requests/{date}/{time}” but then I got the error message: “Failed to sample data from ‘export-input’.” and in the details i got: “Operation Failed Unexpectedly. Activity Id: ‘xxx’”.

When I click test connection I always get the message “Successfully connected to ‘input’”

Why can’t I get sample data? What am I doing wrong? Do I miss something? Does anyone has some tips about how to configure this settings?

As it has been more than a few months since this topic was opened, and there has been no reply or further information provided as to the existence of the issue, we are closing this topic. Please don’t hesitate to create a new topic if this issue is still present, we would be happy to work with you to help find a resolution.