Free plan - Exceeded your plan limit but only on 574 calls

Currently on the free plan where it seems I should get 1000 authentication calls per month.

I am currently on 574 calls but my calls are being blocked now and I have the message:

Machine to Machine Auth has are currently being denied as you have exceeded your plan limit for this month

Am I missing something here? Did I misunderstand the free plan somehow?

Hi @johan.prins,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you’ve received a warning regarding your quota utilization limit.

First, I’d like to assure you that you understood the free plan correctly. The Auth0 Free Subscription plan allows for 1000 authentication calls per month.

However, let me explain further how Auth0 calculates the quota utilization.

To know whether you have gone over quota or not, Auth0 takes into account the usage of your last three months and calculates an average.

If this average is within your subscription limits, you will be under your quota limit. Otherwise, you’ll be considered to be over quota.

This method of quota calculation could lead to the scenario you observed, where you may be considered to have gone above your monthly quota limits while still being below your quota utilization and vice versa.

Hoped this helps!

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you.

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.