For error messages that are non-customizable, is there a way to have a generic error message?

We sometimes see the following errors (usually when something is misconfigured):

• “Request to webtask exceeded allowed execution time”
  • “Unable to configure verification page”
  • “This request could not be performed due to an error on the part of the SAML responder or SAML authority”
  • “the connection was disabled”

We don’t want users to see these messages because it’s meaningless to them.

As far as I can tell, these messages aren’t customizable like some other messages are. Is there a way to have a generic error message that can be used in place of these?

EDIT: we’re using the Lock widget (can be seen at https://live.trinetx.com)

Hello, @scott.frazer!

These error messages are provided so that your application can parse them and interpret them. It seems like you are passing on the messages directly to the customer. I recommend that you capture the message in your callback URL, and then, you can show the customer any message you’d like.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Thanks, @joseantonio.rey.

One last question, is there a way to get a comprehensive list of error messages like these? So far we’ve been collecting a list as we go

@scott.frazer Yes! You can find a list of error messages here: Common Auth0 Library Authentication Errors

Error descriptions can vary, so we recommend that you rely on the error message itself if you want to present something more generic.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.