Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Failed to load client.js caused by ERR_ABORTED

lock

#1

I’m getting the error in Lock and the following in the console.

GET https://cdn.au.auth0.com/client/L23KZh0fHxMCGyE56pe3X3IeyyWRWkM5.js?t1506576776982 net::ERR_ABORTED
Uncaught Error: Error: An error occurred when fetching client data for Lock: https://cdn.au.auth0.com/client/L23KZh0fHxMCGyE56pe3X3IeyyWRWkM5.js?t1506576776982 could not be loaded.

I use the same implementation between dev/qa and prod and I only get this error in prod domain.
Domain that work:
dev.ndvi.spatialvision.com.au
qa.ndvi.spatialvision.com.au

Domain that don’t work:
prod.ndvi.spatialvision.com.au

The issue is we’ve finished the development and about to go production with the final domain, which is maps.datafarming.com.au. However we’re unable to switch the domain due to this error.

Could you please tell me how I can solve this?


#2

If you access the problematic URL directly in the browser (I just tried it with Chrome) you can quickly get some additional information, in particular, there seems to be an access denied error. The most common cause for an access denied error on a client assets URL such as that one is the client identifier part being incorrect (either with more or less characters than it should have or because it does not map to a client that exists).

In this case, I accessed the domains you linked to and the first one you said it’s working tries to load client assets for client identifier BPpUsIJNDYEW... while the one that fails tries to load it for L23KZh0fHxM.... You are using different configurations and it seems production one is trying to use a client identifier that does not exist.


#3

Ah,
Good pick up! That’s totally a user error, I thought I verified the before creating post!
Thank you for your quick response and we enjoy your product.


#4

Ah,
Good pick up! That’s totally a user error, I thought I verified the before creating post!
Thank you for your quick response and we enjoy your product.


#5