Example Project throws an error

I’ve downloaded the example project and when attempting to run get the error: Severity Code Description File Line Source Suppression State
Error The expression ““App_Start\BundleConfig.cs”.GetPathsOfAllDirectoriesAbove()” cannot be evaluated. Method ‘System.String.GetPathsOfAllDirectoriesAbove’ not found. Build

How might I go about correcting this?

Thanks.

Good morning,

Could you provide which sdk you are using and any other reproduction steps you can provide?

This doesn’t seems to be an Auth0 error. I checked a few places and it seems this error generally occurs when there’s a compatibility issue between Microsoft.Net.Compilers 2.x (vs2017) and 3.x (vs2019). A few people on different forums (stackoverflow) said that downgrading from v3 to v2 fixed the issue specifically on our build agents which only had VS2017.

Please let me know if this helps!

Hi Karen,

Thanks for engaging. I think this is what you are asking for. If not, let me know what specifically you would like to know.

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017
Version 15.9.11
VisualStudio.15.Release/15.9.11+28307.586
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.8.03752

Installed Version: Professional

I would agree it doesn’t seem directly like an Auth0 error, but it is coming from that solution. When I first downloaded the solution, it needed we to install .net Framework 4.7.2, which I got from here: .NET SDKs downloads for Visual Studio.

Then in NuGet it wanted some missing libraries installed, which I allowed it to do. Now the solution opens in VS without issue, but when running the App I get: Severity Code Description File Line Source Suppression State
Error The expression ““App_Start\BundleConfig.cs”.GetPathsOfAllDirectoriesAbove()” cannot be evaluated. Method ‘System.String.GetPathsOfAllDirectoriesAbove’ not found. Build

So I’m not sure where to go next. Any additional insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Good morning,

Could you link me to the auth0 sdk that you are using for this project? So, I can give this a go for you and see if I can reproduce/solve this issue.

Thanks!

Hi Karen…Thanks so much for looping back. I installed VS2019 Pro, and ran the project from there. It ran as expected, so I’m good for now. Once again, thanks for checking in!

1 Like

We’re here for you @develop!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.