Auth0.OidCClient Nuget needed for Target Framework 4.5

Hello Community,

I’m building a C# class that will use Auth0 database authentication. The instructions on getting this to work for my C# module are clear and I’ve gotten this to work for a machine to machine application.

For the database version (UserID and Password from my application) I need to install the Auth0.OidcClient as part of my project.

I’ve attempted the NuGet packages for Auth0.OidcClient.(UWP, WPF, WinForms) and all of them give me the following error:

Install-Package : Could not install package ‘Auth0.OidcClient.WinForms 2.3.0’. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets ‘.NETFramework,Version=v4.5’, but the package does not contain any assembly references or
content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

Is there a NuGet for 4.5 Framework or a workaround for this?

Thanks!

Hey @daqu40 do you any additional details on the error you are receiving? I’m attaching the documentation for a reference point for historical context. Thanks in advance!

https://auth0.github.io/auth0-oidc-client-net/index.html

Thanks for the info Jim,

I quoted the error from the package manager in Visual Studio. I’ve encountered this kind of thing before and just had to dig through earlier releases to find one that was targeted to .Net 4.5.

I was hoping the forum could guide me to earlier releases or other work around quicker than me digging.

The OIDC Client package requires 4.5.2 minimum. Can you try updating your app to reference 4.5.2?

1 Like

Unfortunately no.

The scripts I develop in C# that I wish to use Auth0 for are modules in another program that is targeted at .Net 4.5. I’ve not researched this, but I know the core dll will remain targeted to .Net 4.5 for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Is it possible to make queries to the Auth0 database in a more manual fashion not using the OIDC Client?

Hey there!

Sorry for such huge delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing you with best developer support experience out there, but sometimes our bandwidth is not enough comparing to the number of incoming questions.

Wanted to reach out to know if you still require further assistance?