Error trying to install Logs to CloudWatch. Please try again later

Hello,

I have been trying to install the “Logs to CloudWatch” extension for a couple of weeks now, however, every time I try to install the plugin I get the following error message: “Error trying to install Logs to CloudWatch. Please try again later.”

I closely followed this guide when setting up the extension: Export Logs to AWS CloudWatch

Not sure what else I can do. Hoping for advice as to how best to proceed.

Thanks!

Hey there Josh!

I’m pretty sure you do it but I need to ask. Have you followed all the steps from our doc precisely? Can you share the screenshot of the error?

Hi Konrad,

Thanks for the quick response. It looks like installing the extension works now! Not sure if you changed things but thanks for the help. This issue is resolved now.

Best,
Josh

1 Like

Perfect! Glad to hear that!

Hi Konrad,

After setting this up in one tenant, I moved on to another tenant and am now trying to set up the same extension, but am running into my original issue. Attached is the image I see when following the same instructions in a different tenant. This is also the image I was previously seeing on my other tenant. Any idea what is going on here?

1 Like

Can you share with me your tenant name via private message so I can investigate that?

I just repinged the engineering team regarding the ticket i created for you. Will let you know via private message as soon as I get the answer.

1 Like

Information for everyone shared by our engineering team:

"We tested it and just ran into the same issue in one tenant, but not in another, and I think I can explain why.

The logging extension creates a Client Application in the tenant when it is installed. Our basic tier plan places a limit of 10 Clients in a tenant, and I got this same error when trying to install an extension that was at that limit.

So, if you want to install this extension, you’ll have to delete one of your clients first. In the mean time, I will place an issue in our backlog to improve the error message so its root cause is more obvious."

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.