Error: Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message Cannot submit message

So trying to use Outlooks SMTP 365 to send out paswordless login emails etc… I configured it in the “Email Provider” area and the “SEND TEST EMAIL” works perfectly.

However when trying to login in my application I built using auth0’s paswordless email I never receive the code in my email. I checked the Auth0 logs and the following error occurs:

Message failed: 554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Submission.Exception:SendAsDeniedException.MapiExceptionSendAsDenied; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message Cannot submit message.

Afaik this means the send email is not equal to the email account used to send the emails out. This email address works for our other services sending out via SMTP so this must be an auth0 issue.

I am sure to use the account user john@example.com properly in the send field MY THING <john@example.com>.

Ok just saw when I disabled it that the email address being used is <login@example.com>. We set it to login in the Connections -> Passwordless area.

1 Like

Glad it’s working now and thanks for sharing!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.