Emails not getting delivered

For some reason no Auth0 emails are getting delivered to my account which is hosted by Office 365. When this happens I used to found them in Junk folder but not this time. No emails anywhere.

I’m talking about password forget emails, account/user email address confirmation emails, etc.

Hey there!

Yep Office365 is troublesome here. Unfortunately there isn’t much we can as Auth0 on our side. Here are a few general tips that may help:

The main tip is to ensure that SPF, DKIM and DMARC have been configured, as described here: “The best way to deal with legitimate messages that are blocked by Microsoft 365 (false positives) that involve senders in your domain is to fully and completely configure the SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records in DNS for all of your email domains”

The corresponding Auth0 doc for this can be found here:

There are quite a few users here in the forum who experience the same thing which is emails going to Junk or Spam when using this Microsoft service.

Hey, the Office 365 docs are only applicable if those were emails from our domains that didn’t get through. The issue is that emails from your, Auth0 domains, whichever they may be do not get through. So actually this should have been solved on your side, setting up the SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records in DNS for all of Auth0 email domains. Especially when your customers, like ourselves, do not use custom domains (I do not know whether those are even related to outgoing emails from your services in anyway but still).

1 Like

I actually have the access to Exchange/Office 365 message traces for our organization and there isn’t a single email received from any of the Auth0 domains except for the emails from this community which are sent from auth0@discoursemail.com. So obv Discourse have their servers set up ok.

Other than that no emails whatsoever from the Auth0 infrastructure (passwords reset requests, email verification requests, etc.). As such I’m 99% sure this isn’t spam/junk/phishing related unless your servers got rejected even before establishing a connection with the Office 365 infrastructure.