Email verification status remains pending after user verification when custom database is used

Hi all,

I’m using custom database for some reason and there’s an issue that user has verified the email through the e-mail received when signup, but the email verification status of the user is still pending.
(The value has changed correctly in database, but the user information on the Auth0 site displays as pending.)

If I resend the verification mail and verify through it, the status changes into ‘verified’.
If I change the connection to ‘Username-Password-Authentication’ Database(maybe it is default database) and signup and verify email, the status changes info ‘verified’.

What should I check to make the first email received when signing up work correctly?

Hi @hugo.seung ,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

If I resend the verification mail and verify through it, the status changes into ‘verified’.

I checked the verify scripts under your custom database. When users click on the link to verify email, the verify script is executed which updates the email_verified = true. Instead of resending the verification email, you can advise the users to try logging in because the login script will fetch the updated email_verified value and mark it so in user profile.

If I change the connection to ‘Username-Password-Authentication’ Database(maybe it is default database) and signup and verify email, the status changes info ‘verified’.

With the Auth0 “Username-Password-Authentication” database connection, user profile data can be updated immediately after they clicked on the verification link.

What should I check to make the first email received when signing up work correctly?
If the users have verified their emails after the first time clicking on the verification link, they should be able to log in afterwards.

Hope this helps!

1 Like