Email Verification redirectTo doesnt work

Hi,
I have 2 applications in my auth0. 1st is a single page app and the 2nd is the API Explorer Application. I manage users of the 1st app using the 2nd one.
the problem is that when I register users through the api API Explorer app and set the “Redirect To” in the email verification template to “{{application.callback_domain}}/static/auth0/email-verification.html” it uses the API Explorer app instead of the single page app.
since “application.callback_domain” is not configurable for API Explorer app this results in a redirect to a non-existing page…

1. is there a way to manage users through the single page app?
  2. is there a way to manage users through the api explorer app but still redirect to the single page app?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi there @avibh,

Let me look into this for you and see if I can find a solution to what you are facing. Thanks!

Hi @James.Morrison,
any (good) news?

Following up here before the holiday

The answer is yes because you can leverage the management api v2 in your Single Page Application and in turn manage the users from there.

This can depend on how the architecture of your apps are setup so it is possible and you could redirect to your second application by doing seamless SSO. This is because the user is already logged into the first app and would pull their session from that initial instance.

I hope this helps shed some light on the path forward. Please let me know if you have any questions from there. Thanks!

1 Like

thanks for you pre-holiday response but I dont think you understood my question.
probably I wasnt clear on my goal.

That’s what I’m doing now.

the problem is not the sso.
the problem is that the email is triggered through the api app. the email template is using “{{application.callback_domain}}” as a redirect url.
in this case the “{{application.callback_domain}}” is using the “{{application.callback_domain}}” of the api app since it triggered the email.
problem - there’s no “{{application.callback_domain}}” for the api app(nore can be defined).

by the way, when triggering the “reset password” through the api app it redirects to the correct app using the same “{{application.callback_domain}}”.

can you at least explain the different behaviour between the 2 email templates?

I apologize for the delay, let me look into this and see what I can find.