Email verification exception upon creating new user

My issue is the exact same as described here: Unable to create user with verified email [ POST - /api/v2/users ]

But since Auth0 aggressively closes issues, it’s really cumbersome to keep context throughout different issues (I’ll most definitely file a separate topic for this, as it’s really irritating and inconvenient…)

So:

I’m trying to create new user with management API, but I have some troubles.
It create my user, but user’s email is not verified even if I set email_verified : true & verify_email : false in request body.

Why email_verified field is overwritten to false ?

Best,
ajv

I’ve retested it and I see that the verify_email option is respected - the verification e-mail is not sent out. But the email_verified field is not respected and defaults to false.

Coming back to this, as the verify_email option is yet again not respected - an e-mail is sent out.

I’m not sure why but the behaviour is very unstable - as the flag was not working 19 days ago, then worked 18 days ago and now is not working again (and email_verified hasn’t worked the entire time neither).

Our use case is that we’re trying to provide “reset password” functionality for magic link users by creating a temporary password for them first (via a signup through /dbconnections/signup) and we don’t want them to receive the signup e-mail. And since they have an existing magic link authorization, we’d also want the email_verified option to be respected during signup. Or should that be patched later?

1 Like

I am having the same problem. I want to create an unverified user against the email connection, but I don’t want to send any e-mail.
I tried email_verified: false and verify_email: false but the email is still sent.

@bogdan2 Maybe this answer will help you out: Use dbconnections/signup without sending a verification email - #3 by rueben.tiow

Hi @ajv and @bogdan2,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

In this scenario, you can toggle off the Verification Email (using Link) email template. From doing so, you will avoid sending a verification email when creating unverified users.

Then you can optionally send verification emails using the Management API verification email job endpoint.

And to circle back, to @ajv message:

I have just tested this and found that a newly created user with the "verify_email": false and "email_verified": true does not send a verification email. I can confirm that it is working as expected.

This could also be used as an alternative method to avoid sending verification emails.

Hoped this helps!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.