Email invitation process

Hi all, i have some problem with email invitation process with passwordless connection. I’m creating user in Auth0 Management API:
POST https://auth0Tenant/api/v2/users

{
  "email": "some email",
  "connection": "email",
  "verify_email": true,
  "email_verified": false,
  "blocked": false
}

It’s returns to me 201, user created, but email was not sent to me, i tried to do it with different email domains i have. I already configured email templates, activated them, activated passwordless connection. I’m using standard auth0 email provider.
Also:

1. If i will try to press “try” button on email templates page, it will send me an email.
  2. if i will try to press “try” button in passwordless-> email connection it will not sent me email message.
    What should I update, or maybe i missed something?

Hi @ilya.vorobyeu,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community.

I understand that you have trouble with your email invitation process.

My best recommendation is to Generate Invitations by creating a Password Change ticket where your invitation app calls the /password-change Management API endpoint after the user has been created.

When using this approach, you will want to also customize your Change Password email template to appear like a Welcome email to avoid confusing your users.

Having tested this myself, the “try” button is working as intended.

Please make sure you have configured your Passwordless Connection settings properly

Additionally, you may want to consider programmatically sending an invitation to the email address of the user every time you have created a user via the Management API. In this scenario, I recommend using a Post User-Registration Action to accomplish this task.

You may find this related Community Topic useful: Sending Email Invitations For Application Signup - #2

Please let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.