Looking to avoid using Twilio for a dev environment. However, I currently have Twilio setup and have a ‘Send Phone Message’ Flow setup to hit an endpoint i control, but the flow doesn’t seem to ever get triggered except when I run a test from the Flow dashboard. Do I have to remove Twilio first like it shows in this doc for the flow to trigger? Set Up Custom SMS Gateway for Passwordless Connections.
If you have set up a Twilio “Send Phone Message” Flow and it doesn’t seem to be triggering except when you run a test from the Flow dashboard, there might be a configuration issue or a missing step in your setup. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can follow:
Verify your Flow configuration:
- Double-check your Flow configuration to ensure that it is set up correctly.
- Make sure that you have defined the appropriate triggers and actions in the Flow, such as sending an SMS message.
- Confirm that you have specified the correct endpoint for your Flow to hit when triggered.
Check the Flow execution logs:
- Access the Flow dashboard and check the execution logs for your Flow.
- Look for any error messages or indications of failed executions that might help identify the issue.
- The logs should provide insights into whether the Flow is being triggered and if there are any errors during execution.
Ensure your endpoint is properly configured:
- If your Flow is supposed to hit an endpoint that you control, ensure that the endpoint is set up correctly and accessible.
- Verify that the endpoint is configured to handle the incoming requests from Twilio and process them accordingly.
- Check your server logs or any logging mechanism you have in place to see if the requests from Twilio are reaching your endpoint and if there are any errors or issues during processing.
Test with a real phone number:
- While testing your Flow, make sure you are using a real phone number as the recipient.
- Twilio may not send messages to test numbers or certain restricted phone numbers, so using a real phone number for testing is recommended.
Regarding the document you mentioned about setting up a custom SMS gateway for passwordless connections, it would be helpful to review the specific requirements and steps outlined in the documentation. Depending on your use case, following those steps may or may not be necessary to resolve the issue with your Flow triggering.
If you have followed these troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, it may be helpful to reach out to Twilio support for further assistance. They can provide more specific guidance based on your Twilio setup and help troubleshoot any configuration issues that may be preventing your Flow from triggering as expected.
For more information check this: yardgearsguide.com -