Differences between Management API documentation for clients

I’m attempting to use the auth0_deploy_cli to manage tenant settings in configuration rather than from the dashboard, but as I traced the possible configuration options to the management API, I noticed some inconsistencies between the documentation and the reality of what the API is giving me back.

I started with managing clients, and noticed that, for example, the sample response listed in the documentation for get_clients_by_id is missing the “is_token_endpoint_ip_header_trusted” and “grant_types” fields (I glanced at the `patch_clients_by_id" as well, which seems to include the latter but not the former), but includes a bunch of other settings. More explicitly, these are the only settings I’m getting back the following fields from that API call:
[
“tenant”,
“global”,
“is_token_endpoint_ip_header_trusted”,
“name”,
“is_first_party”,
“sso_disabled”,
“cross_origin_auth”,
“oidc_conformant”,
“signing_keys”,
“client_id”,
“callback_url_template”,
“client_secret”,
“jwt_configuration”.
“grant_types”,
“custom_login_page_on”
]

I want to make sure all of the possible configuration options are set properly, so it’s important for me to know if I’m getting all of the settings I can be. Can someone explain the differences between what I’m seeing and the public docs, and if there’s a canonical list of all the possible values somewhere? Thanks

Hey there @ncknuna, I’ll look into this for you and see what I can find. Thanks!

Hey James,

I filed a support ticket to look into this and a few other related issues (ticket id 00422637) and they said they’d get back to me by EOD today. Don’t want you to go re-duplicating effort if someone else is already on it :slight_smile: Thanks either way!

1 Like

Sounds great, they are a terrific resource! Be sure to let us know in the future if there’s anything you need help with!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.