Deployment with a0deploy

I get this error executing an Update of a Target Tenant suing the a0deploy tool in an Azure DevOps Pipeline. This is my Company’s Tenant.

2023-05-23T14:56:51.462Z - error: Problem running command import during stage processChanges when processing type tenant

2023-05-23T14:56:51.462Z - error: Updating the require_signed_request_object flag is not allowed. Please contact us if you need additional information.

The same Pipeline in my Personal Auth0 tenant works without errors. Please tell me what setting I am missing as I compared the 2 Tenants and found no difference. Even used ChatGPT, but that didn’t work either.

I am not sure exactly where to look for this problem and resolve this inside of Suth0.

I was getting the same error on import. As a quick workaround I commented out

require_signed_request_object : false

in tenant.yaml

I’m guessing this flag is related to JARs RFC 9101: The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework: JWT-Secured Authorization Request (JAR)
but I can find no auth0 documentation related to this flag. Assuming if not specified it defaults to false on import, which would make sense, then it’s hopefully okay to comment out the flag. We don’t require signed request parameters.

Also came across this recent & related issue in github for the cli deploy tool Export from a new tenant includes non-permitted flag require_signed_request_object · Issue #788 · auth0/auth0-deploy-cli · GitHub

Be nice if someone from auth0 can feedback.

Hey there!

Just pinging the team on that GitHub issue front. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!