Can't set tenant flag with auth0-deploy-cli

I’m using auth0-deploy-cli to import a tenant configuration. the tenant.yaml includes tenant.flags.include_email_in_reset_pwd_redirect: true. When I attempt to import I encounter the error below:

2021-12-07T23:21:50.745Z - error: Problem running command import during stage processChanges when processing type tenant
2021-12-07T23:21:50.745Z - error: You are not allowed to set flag 'include_email_in_reset_pwd_redirect' for this tenant.

I confirmed that the client I’m using has the update:tenant_settings scope in its grant for the Auth0 Management API. What am I missing?

Hi @jcooley-Alto,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand you could not set a tenant flag with the Auth0 Deploy CLI.

It appears that you are trying to set the include_email_in_reset_pwd_redirect flag in the tenant settings of your tenant.yaml file. Unfortunately, this flag is not available for newer tenants, which do not have this flag present. It may be the case where you have a legacy tenant where the exported tenant settings have this flag included. Now importing these settings to newer tenants will not accommodate deprecated flags.

The only flags available for the tenant object are the following:

"flags": {
  "change_pwd_flow_v1": false,
  "enable_apis_section": false,
  "disable_impersonation": false,
  "enable_client_connections": true,
  "enable_pipeline2": true,
  "allow_legacy_delegation_grant_types": false,
  "allow_legacy_ro_grant_types": false,
  "allow_legacy_tokeninfo_endpoint": false,
  "enable_legacy_profile": false,
  "enable_idtoken_api2": false,
  "enable_public_signup_user_exists_error": false,
  "enable_sso": false,
  "allow_changing_enable_sso": false,
  "disable_clickjack_protection_headers": false,
  "no_disclose_enterprise_connections": false,
  "enforce_client_authentication_on_passwordless_start": false,
  "enable_adfs_waad_email_verification": false,
  "revoke_refresh_token_grant": false,
  "dashboard_log_streams_next": false,
  "dashboard_insights_view": false
}

Please see the documentation for the Management API Tenant Settings for more details on the tenant object. For further context, you may also find this related GitHub issue useful.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.