Customization of the Sign Up successful message

When a user signs up via Auth0 Lock successfully, a message shows that the sign up was successful. However there is no point where the user is politely asked to verify his email address.

I have a rule that only lets users with a verified email access the applications. Many of my users are wondering why they get my UnauthorizedError when signing in then. How should they know, there is no message that tells them that they should verify the email first.

Is it possible to change the sign up successful message to a custom text?

I would like to add the following for example:

“Your sign up was successful. Please verify your email by clicking the link in the email we sent you before signing in to our service later.”

Not sure about that exact scenario but have you tried using this dictionary in Lock code?

https://auth0.com/docs/libraries/lock/v11/ui-customization#customizing-text

1 Like

It’s also worth looking this doc based on what you want to implement:

1 Like

@konrad.sopala First, thank you for your help! I already came across the docs on Lock UI Customization and also already use the suggested rule.

To clarify my problem, that’s the text I want to customize.

There is nothing available about this in the documentation you mentioned because only customization of the Lock Login/SignUp UI is covered. It would be great if this would also be possible!

I tried to customize it with a little hack via css (::after). However that didn’t work.

Let me check our repos if potentially we can get it there somewhere!

1 Like

Hey there,

It seems like we indeed do not provide any info on customising this piece of text in our docs neither in the repos as I searched through a few.

I guess the approach to take which unfortunately requires more development work is to build the UI yourself if you think that this part is crucial for your system and use our API endpoints for authentication once having perfect UI tailored fully to your needs.

1 Like

Ok thank you anyway.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I stumbled across it just now when researching the usecase for another developer. You can make use of i18 dictionary to customomize the text:

2 Likes