Custom Social Connection and authorizing an application

Hello,

We have an Auth0 application that uses the Google OAuth social connection, and a custom connection using Clio.com. We use the Auth0 universal login to handle our authentication.

For the Google OAuth connection, a user logs in with google, then is presented a screen from Auth0 saying “do you authorize our Auth0 application to read your profile and email?”

For our custom social connection, a user is taken to clio, where they authorize our application, but then instead of getting the screen from Auth0 saying “do you authorize our Auth0 application to read your profile and email?” it simply returns

{
  "error": "unauthorized",
  "error_description": "Access denied."
}

However, if I see the users in my application, I can see the user created with failed login attempts. And if I click on the “Raw JSON” tab of the user, I can see all of their information, which I believe tells me the custom “Fetch User Profile Script” is working.

How can I further debug this? Or is there a way I can programmatically authorize this user to my application?

Thank you,

Once again, answered my own question.

The error was because of a rule I set up! D’oh!

2 Likes

Glad you have figured it out and thanks for sharing with the rest of community!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.