Classic universal login, stuck on MFA page (sms)

Im developing an application that has a login button on the home screen that navigates to the auth0 classic universal login when clicked. I’m using the universal login with custom templates for the login and MFA pages. The normal login flow would be:

• User presses “login” button in app
  • User arrives at auth0 login page
  • User enters e-mail and password
  • User arrives at MFA page and enters sms code (or other MFA method)
  • User is logged in to the application

However when a user logs into an account and for some reason is unable to complete the MFA step, it is impossible to get back to the login screen. When navigating to auth0 from the app, the login screen is automatically skipped and the user immediately arrives on the MFA page. There is no way for the user to log out or change accounts.

I was wondering if there is any way to prevent this behaviour and never skip the login step?

The package versions currently used in the custom templates are:

• MFA: mfa-widget-1.6.4
  • Login: lock 11.17.3
1 Like

Hi @jeffv, welcome and thank you for posting in Auth0 Community! :partying_face: :tada:

Thanks for the detailed information. Can you please try to update the lock version and see if that solves the issue? We are in 11.23.1 version

Please let me know if this helps!

Thanks for the suggestion! In the end I’ve been able to fix this by adding “prompt: ‘login’” to the Auth0ClientOptions.

2 Likes

Perfect glad to hear that! Thanks for sharing with the rest of community!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.