Changing custom domain without downtime

Hey there,

We would like to change our custom domain without causing downtime, but when I try to add a new one I get an error saying that our plan only allows for 1 at a time.

What’s the recommended way to approach this, given that the process to add a new domain requires DNS changes that might take time?

Is there a way to get the custom domains limit increased temporarily so we can have both domains working during the transition?

Thank you!

Hi there @fbaiodias, I wanted to reach out and let you know I am looking into this for you and will share what I find. Thanks!

I checked with our team and confirmed that at this time we don’t support seamless migration of custom domains at the moment. However I do believe this can bring a lot of value, please share your use case with Auth0: Secure access for everyone. But not just anyone. when you get a chance. Each submission is reviewed by our product teams and help shape the features and advancements going forward! Thanks!

I felt that your question was really valuable so I also turned it into a FAQ

Thank you for your help with this. Hopefully this is something we can get corrected in the future!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.