Change password emails through SendGrid don't send but test emails get sent

I am trying to request a change password email to be sent but the logs are showing the error message below.

{
  "date": "2021-10-16T07:57:29.712Z",
  "type": "fn",
  "description": "To:",
  "connection": "Username-Password-Authentication",
  "connection_id": "",
  "client_id": "",
  "details": {
    "email_type": "reset_email",
    "to": "",
    "error": "The from address does not match a verified Sender Identity. Mail cannot be sent until this error is resolved. Visit https://sendgrid.com/docs/for-developers/sending-email/sender-identity/ to see the Sender Identity requirements"
  },
  "log_id": "90020211016075734795221522307871831472866395389584998466",
  "_id": "90020211016075734795221522307871831472866395389584998466",
  "isMobile": false,
  "user_agent": "Other 0.0.0 / Other 0.0.0"
}

The error says the from address does not match a verified Sender Identity but I have verified the sender identity in SendGrid and I can confirm that the API key and from address on the email provider page is correct. Emails also get sent when I use the “Send test email” button on the email provider page.

Could I please get some help on why it is giving an error when trying to send the change password email.

Thank you.

Hi @trucking.log101,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

It appears that your emails failed to send because you need to set up a verified Sender Identity in SendGrid’s configuration.

In this case, could you please set up your domain authentication on SendGrid?

Follow these instructions: https://sendgrid.com/docs/ui/account-and-settings/how-to-set-up-domain-authentication/

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thank you.

Hi @rueben.tiow

I have also done domain authentication in SendGrid but the change password email still doesn’t send. I get the same error as before. I have also tried sending emails with an external program via SendGrid so I know that it works. I feel as if there is some configuration in Auth0 somewhere that I am missing.

Thank you

Hey Rueben,

I’m having the same issue and I’m unable to fix it unfortunately. I’ve added support@(ourdomain.com) as default sender in the sendgrid settings on auth0, and even adjusted the email template to use the same sender email. However, I’m getting the same error message as above.

My other application using the same sendgrid account is able to send messages using this ‘from’ address. When sending a test mail from auth0, it also works. There seems to be a bug… Can you check this out maybe?

Thanks!

Best,
Jan

1 Like

@rueben.tiow, I just found Verification emails through SendGrid don't send. Test emails work however - #3 by seansy and had the exact same issue. Didnt realize the buttons there are clickable, nor that I have to specify custom sender name / address there … Maybe you can pass on this feedback :slight_smile: I guess this thread here can be closed.

1 Like

Hi @jan7,

Thank you for your responses, and I’m glad that you were able to resolve the issue.

I will make note of this feedback and let the appropriate channels know of this.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.