Can't login via auth0-python library: 404

Hi there.
I am a newbie at authentication things, so please bear with me when I claim something dumb.
I’m trying to set up a login via auth0-python==3.19.0.
I set up a Native application, working together with my Username Password Authentication database.

I’m using the login from my Flutter app, which works fine. I followed the auth0 tutorial (from here: Get Started with Flutter Authentication) there, and it works fine.

Now I’m trying to access the same login from a python GUI that uses the auth0-python library (from here: GitHub - auth0/auth0-python: Auth0 SDK for Python),
but it fails with even the most basic try:

In [0]: from auth0.v3.authentication import Database

In [1]: database = Database("myurl.eu.auth0.com")

In [2]: database.login(client_id="CLIENT_ID", username="mail@mail.com", password="s3cret", connection="Username-Password-Authentication")

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auth0Error                                Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-40-5a9e319e2bb3> in <module>
----> 1 Database("myurl.eu.auth0.com").login(client_id="CLIENT_ID", username="mail@mail.com", password="s3cret", connection="Username-Password-Authentication")

~/workspace/gui/.venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/auth0/v3/authentication/database.py in login(self, client_id, username, password, connection, id_token, grant_type, device, scope)
     35         if device:
     36             body.update({'device': device})
---> 37         return self.post('{}://{}/oauth/ro'.format(self.protocol, self.domain), data=body)
     39     def signup(self, client_id, email, password, connection, username=None, user_metadata=None,

~/workspace/gui/.venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/auth0/v3/authentication/base.py in post(self, url, data, headers)
     48         request_headers.update(headers or {})
     49         response = requests.post(url=url, json=data, headers=request_headers, timeout=self.timeout)
---> 50         return self._process_response(response)
     52     def get(self, url, params=None, headers=None):

~/workspace/gui/.venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/auth0/v3/authentication/base.py in _process_response(self, response)
     58     def _process_response(self, response):
---> 59         return self._parse(response).content()
     61     def _parse(self, response):

~/workspace/gui/.venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/auth0/v3/authentication/base.py in content(self)
     82                                      reset_at=reset_at)
---> 84             raise Auth0Error(status_code=self._status_code,
     85                              error_code=self._error_code(),
     86                              message=self._error_message())

Auth0Error: 404: Not Found

I don’t really know what other info I need to add to this, so please tell me :slight_smile: - does anyone already have a clue what I could be missing?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Hi @wobfan,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Can you see anything in your dashboard logs related to the error? A 404 could be because the client isn’t found. That could be a result of a misconfiguration of the client id or the domain.

Let me know if you see anything in your logs.

Hi @dan.woda, thanks for your reply!

The logs only show older logins that were successful. No trace of any problems.

It’s really weird.
Also, the URL and also the Client ID are copied from the dashboard, so there shouln’t be any typos in it. :confused:

I’m also getting the same 404 error when trying to access the exact same endpoint as I use from Flutter.

Just wanted to push this thread…
Does anyone has suggestions what to try out to find out what’s going wrong here?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, can you please send me the name of your tenant in a DM?

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Did write you a message.

I’m having the exact same issue with the Python library. Has there been any resolution?

Hi @adelavega,

I never got a final response from @wobfan

Regardless, I think this one boiled down to an issue where both applications were sharing a single set of credentials, and the configuration needed to be different for the native app.

If that doesn’t directly address your issue (e.g. if you have two applications registered already) probably best if you create a new topic with the details of your setup and errors.