Can users to create posts using the WordPress API if authenticated with WordPress Auth0?

I saw the JWT WordPress + Auth0 was discontinued.

I want to enable people to log into my React App using WordPress + Auth0, and then use the WordPress API to make posts and update their profiles. Is this possible?

Hi @GraemeFulton … you are correct, we are no longer supporting that plugin. We’re currently considering options around using Auth0 with the WP-API but don’t have any specific dates or solutions to share currently.

I have not tried it but you should be able to log in directly with WordPress and use the regular session cookie against the WP-API (assuming this is all happening on the same domain). The details of WP-API authentication is here:

When you successfully authenticate in WordPress, the same session cookie is set as if you went through the default login process.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer Josh! I’ll have a look into this. It’s probably a bit beyond me actually - I’m going to see if I can find a freelancer’s help and I’ll share back the progress and solution if I get one!

1 Like

@GraemeFulton - Sounds great! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance here to you or your contractor. If this ends up being an open source tool, I’ll happy to contribute there.

1 Like

Quick note for anyone looking to accept Auth0 access tokens in WordPress … I wrote a guide here:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that Josh with the rest of community!