Build a Flutter Wishlist App, Part 3: Finishing the App with User Authentication and a Secured API

Update the Flutter wishlist app to use Auth0 authentication so that the user has to log in and the app accesses a secured API.
Read more…

Brought for you by one of our Guest Authors: Michael Bui

1 Like

This is the last chapter of our Wishlist App with Flutter!

Part 1: Build a Flutter Wishlist App, Part 1: Introducing Flutter and Building a Basic Wishlist App
Part 2: Build a Flutter Wishlist App, Part 2: Adding CRUD Functionality to Your App
Part 3: Build a Flutter Wishlist App, Part 3: Finishing the App with User Authentication and a Secured API

Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below! :speaking_head:

1 Like

I’ve been hoping for an Auth0 integration with Flutter for a long time, so hurrah and thank you for the thorough tutorial. I’d like to make a comment and report an issue.

My comment is that even though it doesn’t take too much to convert this code to null safety, I think it would be nice if this tutorial were updated, especially for those who are in the early stages of learning Flutter.

The issue is that the Auth0 login screen’s Email address field is capitalizing the first character of what I type in. Auth0’s comparison of that value with the value stored in the tenant appears to be case sensitive and as a result there is a failure to authenticate. Is there something that I can do to fix this or is this something that Auth0 has to fix?

Hey there! Thanks for providing that feedback. Passing it along to our content team that is responsible for that part of our stack.