Automated testing with passwordless SMS

How can you perform automated testing (have your test code go through the login flow) when using passwordless SMS in single-page react app?

Twilio supports this with their test credentials, and they give a new ACCOUNT_SID and AUTH_TOKEN. However, it appears that an auth0 can only have one twilio configuration per tenant?

Surely this is possible, but I can’t seem to figure out how. Can anyone help?

Hi @sarink,

Our simulator doesn’t support this use case yet, but if your company is interested we could make it work. You can learn more about our simulator here https://community.auth0.com/t/auth0-simulation-for-ephemeral-deployments-and-reliable-automated-testing/78334

Taras

1 Like

Thanks for sharing it here Taras!

@konrad.sopala this is not a solution…

I’m facing the same problem, not only for E2E automation testing but also for iOS app submission. There should be some static test credentials available to pass through the authentication step. If not, it’s a shame!

1 Like

@sarink Did you find a solution? I’m looking for the same.

1 Like

I face the same issue, and it’s a big problem for us. Firebase proposes “phone numbers for testing” where they let you hardcode an SMS validation code. Should we switch to Firebase authentication or is there a way to continue using Auth0 with a solution? I see that we are many that face this issue.
Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 08.20.02

The message from Google is clear, and Auth0 should provide a way, also for automated testing, to bypass this limit.
Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 08.59.42

Still no answers? No solution? how do people validate an iOS or Android app with Auth0? How to do automated tested if we cannot have test account?

We have the same issue basically rendering passwordless auth useless for our mobile apps… Unless we show a button to also log in with email and password.

Yes I am also looking for same functionality. Firebase provides it for adding test users. This is used while submittiing my app on playstore or apple store. Do we have any way with auth0?