Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Authorization Extension GET request to /users/{user_id} returns 500 internal server error


… whilst/users and /users/{user_id}/roles work fine.

No clue in the response as to what the problem is, support never responded to my request.


Hi there @paulrenshaw, I apologize for the delay in response. When you get a chance can you snag me your tenant name and a HAR file and DM it over to me so I can take a deeper look at what is going on during the workflow. Any additional details is appreciated it. Thanks!


I wanted to follow up with you @paulrenshaw and see if we could get a more current HAR file capture. When investigating the current set it appears to be dated back to November 2018. Thanks in advance!


@James.Morrison The HAR and log files I sent clearly show the requests were made on 7th Jan 2019, the day I sent them to you. Why would I send logs from before I even came across the issue?


I apologize for the confusion, I’ll give it another look with our team.


Hey @paulrenshaw, I wanted to let you know I just sent over a direct message. When you get a free minute can you give it a look? Thanks!


Hi there @paulrenshaw just wanted to reach out and let you know I sent over another direct message. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!


Anyone else reading this having the same issue?


Great news @paulrenshaw, I have heard some news from our team inside since our last DM/HAR file and it sounds like we have a way forward. The next step will be to install the Real-time Webtask Logs extension which will help identify where the breakdown on the 500s. Please let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your patience Paul!


I wanted to follow up @paulrenshaw after our last DM and see if you had any additional questions? Were you able to reinstall the extension? Thanks!


We decided to use Firebase and implement our own permissions system instead, for various reasons, including how long it has taken already to try to deal with this issue due to the weird middleman support workflow you have going on that takes too long and has resulted in extra work for myself because of your team looking at the wrong files.

Even using the public groups for Firebase, I get a response to posts within 24 hrs, directly from Google developers and developer advocates, because they are continuously active in the community for their own products, and their responses are immediately helpful because they are all experts in the subjects they respond to.

closed #16

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.