Authorization Extension fails with blocked event loop when signing-in

@admin7 I’ll try to see what I can discover; in relation to the radio silence, the question got an answer very short after being posted so it was removed from the unanswered list which is the one that has most visibility. After that if you’re not following a thread you won’t get notified and I miss this completely. If something like this happens (question with answers that are not really answers or not enough using a direct user mention is acceptable, although it depends on the availability of that user). Also, as heads up I’ll clean the post later and move some answers to comments.

Oh, my bad. Didn’t realize what I did by adding an answer.
Also, I opened up a ticket for this and received a response yesterday that this is a known issue and they are working on it. However, there is no timeline on a fix.

No worries, to be honest the current UI kind of promotes that usage as comments are not that visible (we’re trying to see how to improve UX) and your answer did contain useful information; it just had that slight side-effect.

Thanks jmangelo, that clarifies how forums work, I’ll remember to use user mentions in the future, if needed.
Looking forward to get to the bottom of this :wink:

@admin7 even though we intend do look into this issue further we already made a few preliminary changes; if you can get back to me with any information about observed changes on your side that would be great. For example, do you still notice the issue with the same frequency or any other info think is relevant.

@jmangelo
Awesome, thank you. I haven’t seen the error today, which is already a good sign, but will keep an eye out and ask the team to be alert too. I’ll post back either way when we can confirm if the issue is gone or not.
–edit–
Actually, going through the logs I can see that it happened multiple times just today.
Times as follow:

• 2017-10-18 04:24:04.3389307 +00:00
  • 2017-10-18 04:23:56.9567174 +00:00
  • 2017-10-18 02:11:32.3570264 +00:00

Thanks for the update, as mentioned before there are still additional changes to be made; I was just eager to find out if the ones already done had any effect.

Thank you for keeping us informed - even if it’s just steps to progress this issue :slight_smile:

I don’t think that we are seeing a big difference.
Attached are all of out authentication failures by type and date (+0:00)
![alt text][1]

Let me know if I can provide any other info.