Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Script generated an unhandled asynchronous exception 500 error

api
users
roles
authorization-extens

#1

I’m getting following an error sometime. when call to get roles of user from Authorization extension. i use laravel project
[

]
please help me to solve this error.I also checked log but i didn’t found


#3

Hey there @dharmesh13! Is the error intermittent? Do have any additional logging that may be showing details on the error you are receiving? Any extra information you may have on the project may help in our investigation. Thanks in advance!


#4

@James.Morrison No, i don’t have any additional logging detail. I get that error which was uploaded image


#5

@James.Morrison I got following log

2018-09-18T06:24:04.980Z - info: Starting Authorization Extension - Version: 2.4.9
11:54:04 AM:
 2018-09-18T06:24:04.982Z - info: > WT_URL: https://core-demo.us.webtask.io/adf6e2f2b84784b57522e3b19dfc9201
11:54:04 AM:
 2018-09-18T06:24:04.982Z - info: > PUBLIC_WT_URL: https://core-demo.us.webtask.io/adf6e2f2b84784b57522e3b19dfc9201
11:54:05 AM:
 2018-09-18T06:24:05.727Z - info: Initializing the Webtask Storage Context.
11:54:05 AM:
 {
"code": 500,
"error": "Script generated an unhandled asynchronous exception.",
"details": "Error: Blocked event loop",
"name": "Error",
"message": "Blocked event loop",
"stack": "Error: Blocked event loop\n at <anonymous>:1:38\n at nextTickCallbackWith0Args (node.js:489:9)\n at process._tickDomainCallback (node.js:459:13)"
}
11:54:05 AM:
 Code generated an uncaught exception: Error: Blocked event loop
at <anonymous>:1:38
at nextTickCallbackWith0Args (node.js:489:9)
at process._tickDomainCallback (node.js:459:13)
11:54:05 AM:
 finished webtask request 1537251843916.473246 with HTTP 500 in 2039ms
11:54:05 AM:
 setting tenant quarantine
11:54:05 AM:
 faulting webtask container following request 1537251843916.473246 failure

#6

Thank you for the latest log @dharmesh13, it helped lead us towards finding that your issue you are experiencing with the Auth0 Authorization Extension is a ongoing challenge as detailed here in this Github issue:

If you could please answer the following questions here in this thread as well in the Github issue thread. It will allow us to further gain traction on eliminating this hurdle:

  • What version of the extension you are using?
  • What is your storage type (extension storage vs S3) and approximate storage size?
  • Could you share some metrics about your data? i.e. how many users, groups, roles, etc do you have?
  • What endpoints are causing the error? e.g. /policy , /login , group/roles management?

Thank you in advance!


#7

@James.Morrison Here is the answers of questions of you and thank you for helping me :slight_smile:

  • Auth0 Authorization 2.4
  • extension storage
  • Total Users : 75, Groups: 3, roles:24
  • API endpoint /api/users/{auth_id}/roles

#8

@James.Morrison, @jmangelo Have any updates?

Thank you


#9

Hey @dharmesh13 thanks for following up, this issue is still on going and we don’t have a ETA for the fix as of yet. As soon as the Github Issue thread is updated we will have a better idea on how to move forward. Thanks!


#10

Hi @James.Morrison

It’s been two months since our team logged this issue here. Does your team have an ETA on the fix? It appears this has been an issue for over one year now, based on our review of Github. Our users are having a bad experience with our software, because of this bug in Auth0.

Do you have any other solutions we should try on our end? We need to resolve this issue or we need to find another service. We’d much prefer to remain with Auth0, but the user experience for our clients is much more important, as you understand.

Thanks,
Scott


#11

Hey @scott7 I wanted to reach out to you and let you know that I followed up with our team and confirmed this was still being investigated on our side of things. However I don’t have an available ETA on a resolution for it and we appreciate your continued patience and understanding while we work on this. The active Github issue will be the first spot to be updated once new information arrives. Sadly, at present time we don’t have any other possible workarounds to suggest that would migrate away from using the Authorization extension.

As soon as I get new details I will be happy to share them with the group.


#12

Hey there everyone, I wanted to follow up and let you know that the Authorization Extension: Blocked Event Loop Github issue has been updated and closed.

As stated in the Github issue comment, the following solution for the issue is as follows:

To fix this issue perform the two following actions:

  1. Migrate your Auth0 tenant from Node 4 to Node 8 and then republish the Auth0 rule that is created by the Authorization Extension. Here is the documentation page that explains how to migrate your tenant to Node 8.
  2. After you have migrated to Node8, open the Authorization Extension in the dashboard. In the upper right-hand part of the page, you’ll see your tenant name. Click on your tenant name and select “Configuration” from the drop down menu. On the “Configuration” page, click the “Publish Rule” button. This will recreate your Auth0 rule to use the Node8 runtime.

I wanted to make sure I kept you in the loop on these recent events and if you have any additional questions on the matter please feel free to let us know. Thank you.