Auth0 universal login

we are creating a POC to see if we can migrate our users without much disruption to business. Our userbase has same db for multiple tenants and userName can be duplicate across tenant . At present we idenitfy tenant of user by tenantid and use that during authentication.
we are looking at way to customize the universal login screen which wil allow user to login with his existing username and want to add tenantId to the username entered to uniquely idetify that user in Auth0 . Is it possible to do that with js.
I could find the on signin submit event but am not able to identify where auth0 stores username while sending it to login ?

Do let us know if there is a better way to achieve this ?

Hey there @shyamalid and welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Can you share a bit more details on how you would like to tag the tenant to the user uniquely? Is it directly to the username or to the user metadata?

If you want to tag it to the user after a successful authentication you can leverage a rule for that.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there’s any additional details I can assist with. Thanks!

Hi James
Thanks for looking into this. I wanted to add the tenant id to username before authentication something like tenantid_username. When we will migrate our users to auth0 , we can store them as tenantid_username . Our users will still login with their existing username.
Please note that this tenantid is our identification .

I look into the possibility of sending additional data like tenantid but from documents what i could infer is that auth0 doesn’t take additional data during login and use it during authentication.
I can’t use rules as rules can be used only after successful authentication
Please let me know If there is a better way to achieve this.

After talking with one of our senior engineers, he was able to help provide some insight on this front.

Custom Databases are only available for Enterprise customers, so you would need to elevate your subscription to accomplish this task through that avenue. With custom databases , the user name would be defined in the custom database script which is possible but would be done through a manual code addition to your Customer DB script. I understand this is a pricy option that isn’t available to everyone, but is the current path forward when leveraging Custom Databases. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.