Multi-tenancy within a single applicaiton

We have a multi-tenant SaaS application which we would like to migrate to auth0 if it is a good fit.

Currently :

When a company signs up, a tenant is created for them with the sign-up user as the first user (and admin) in the tenant. The admin can then add other users for the company. We know the tenant for a session based on the user ID.

I am trying to envision how auth0 would work for us:

• So for my signup screen, I would likely use the lock with additional fields for Phone and Company name, plus turn off allowLogin. When the user is created we would create a tenant ID for them, and store a mapping of auth0 id to a tenant ID in our local DB.
  • For the login screen, I would turn off allowSignup, as this would just be for employees of the tenant who had an account created for them by the admin.
  • In my user management screen, the admin would enter a user information (including email), and we would use the API to create that user. And once created in Auth0, then assign them a tenant mapping in our local user table.
  • When a user authenticates, I would be able to determine the tenant by looking up the user in our table, which is the same way I am currently doing it.
  1. Does this flow make sense? Improvements?
  2. It seems in this example, I am essentially handling the tenancy myself. Is there a way to get auth0 to handle tenancy within my application?

Thanks,

~S

Hey there!

Sorry for such delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing the best developer support experience out there, but sometimes the number of incoming questions is just too big for our bandwidth. Sorry for such inconvenience!

Do you still require further assistance from us?