Auth0.OidcClient.WPF - Keys stopped working in Login page

Hi,

Currently modernizing a windows desktop application using Auth0.OidcClient.WPF 3.x. Login works as it should but I’ve noticed that some keys e.g tab, enter, ctrl+v have suddenly stopped working in the login page.

The problem started when I wanted to position and resize the form with the login page. I created a WebBrowserBrowser object and passed it with the options to Auth0Client.

To reproduce I 've written a minimal winforms app similar to the one in the quickstart quide. Snippet below:

var browser = new WebBrowserBrowser(() => new Window()
{
Name = “WebAuthentication”,
Title = “Login test”,
Width = 500,
Height = 420,
WindowStartupLocation = WindowStartupLocation.CenterScreen
});

var opts = new Auth0ClientOptions
        {
            Domain = _domain,
            ClientId = _clientId,
            Browser = browser // Setting this causes keys to stop working?! 
        };
        _client = new Auth0Client(opts);
        await _client.LoginAsync();

Am I doing something wrong here? Is this a bug? Keys works as long as you don’t pass any browser in options.

/Niklas

The application uses both WPF and WinForms components. If I can I avoid using WinForms so I used the Auth0.OidcClient.WPF package. No errors or warnings. Everything seemed to work. After experimenting I changed to the Auth0.OidcClient.WinForms package and the keys started working again?!

Had to modify the code a bit for WinForms.

var browser = new WebBrowserBrowser(() => new Form
{
    Name = "WebAuthentication",
    Text = "Login test",
    Width = 500,
    Height = 420,
    StartPosition = FormStartPosition.CenterScreen 
});

Don’t know why it previously failed but I can now position and resize the login window so I’ll leave it at that.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.