Auth0 generates a token which is signed a second in the future "iat" is incorrect

I am developing an application locally,.In the sense my API server is running locally. I am running an ‘implicit flow’ authentication and passing the access token obtained from Auth0 down to the API. The API rejects the token saying its signed in the future.

Exact exception message “Caused by: com.auth0.jwt.exceptions.InvalidClaimException: The Token can’t be used before Mon Mar 25 10:07:23 AEDT 2019.

The above log message is printed at this time: 2019-03-25 10:07:22.103 DEBUG 2657 — [nio-8080-exec-2] o.s.s.w.a.ExceptionTranslationFilter : Authentication exception occurred; redirecting to authentication entry point

I am not sure what is happening. This used to happen once in a while and I ignored it. But now it’s happening consistently and I am unable to proceed. Please help.

You should ensure that your local servers are configured with the correct date/time settings and in addition they should automatically synchronize from a trusted source (see Network Time Protocol - Wikipedia).

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.