Application keeps saying "Enable connections for each organization" when they already are enabled, but still get code 200 error

I am new to Auth0 and trying to go through the setup process to see if it can fit my work’s needs for validation for a React site.

I followed the setup guides provided for starting and testing the login process, but keep getting the error code 200 in the URL and console:
parameter%20organization%20is%20required%20for%20this%20client&state

My Application in Auth0 is connected to the Organization I made, and they are linked to the Username-Password-Authentication db that I believe was there by default, yet I can’t seem to get around this error and the prompts in Auth0 seem to just go in circles talking about how I need to enable these connections. I can test the Universal Login through Auth0 and it all works fine, but can’t get it working in my React app as instructed through the initial setup/tests.

Hey!

It looks like you have configured organizations correctly but are missing a request parameter in your React code.

Here is an example of how you should include the “organization” parameter in your code.

ReactDOM.render(
  <React.StrictMode>
    <Auth0Provider
      domain="YOUR_AUTH0_DOMAIN"
      clientId="YOUR_AUTH0_CLIENT_ID"
      authorizationParams={{
        organization: "YOUR_ORGANIZATION_ID_OR_NAME"    <--
        redirectUri: window.location.origin,
      }}
    >
      <App />
    </Auth0Provider>
  </React.StrictMode>,
  document.getElementById('root')
);

This example is from the Auth0 React SDK repo here.

You need to include this parameter because of how your organizations are configured in your Auth0 Application. If you go to your Auth0 dashboard → your application → Click “Organizations” and under “Login Flow,” you can change how your organization’s users log in. Your current configuration is “No Prompt,” which is why this extra parameter is needed.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.