Adding an admin to the tenant

Hi,

I’ve got a user who I want to add as an admin to the tenant. In working through it, he started to sign up using Google, and got to the “What is your organization?” page. He then backed out of this, and I added him to the tenant, which worked fine.

He is on the team, and so can access account.auth0.com for the account, and also on the tenant from there. However, whenever he goes to manange.auth0.com, he gets back to the “set up a new organization” page, and can’t see the organization he should be on.

It feels like he now has 2 separate accounts, both authenticated against the same Google account. One is the one that is linked against the team, and the other is the one that is wanting to set up a new organization.

How can I get this to the point where he can access the management page?

Thanks

Hey!

Welcome to the Auth0 by Okta Community.

If the user signs in with an email/password and with Google, two separate accounts will be created in the tenant. Even if the user signs in with an email/password with their Google email address, it will be two separate accounts.

It appears that the account that accepted the invitation to become an admin differs from the account signing into the tenant. The separate accounts would explain why the user gets the “set up a new organization” page when signing into manage.auth0.com and can’t see the organization they should be on.

Try these steps to fix the issue:

• Create a new invitation link and send that link to the user again
  • The user needs to copy the link from the email and paste it into an incognito tab within the browser they are using
  • The user then needs to sign in with the login method linked to the account they want to be associated with as an admin

Opening the invitation link in an incognito tab bypasses the session cookie established in the browser, allowing the user to choose which login method they want to use and enabling the user to access the management page.

Hi Josh,

This didn’t work, unfortunately.

I just tried to add a completely new user to our Auth0 admin team. I created an invitation which this user accepted, and then I added them to the tenant. They have full access to accounts.auth0.com for our account, but when they go to manage.auth0.com, or click on the tenant in the Tenants list, they get the page screenshotted in the attached image.

I did just discover that if the user fills out this form as if they’re creating a new organisation, when they click NEXT, it doesn’t create the new organisation, but takes them to the page I was expecting where they join the organisation that I already created.