Adding additional fields during sign-up with Auth0.js

I have a Next.js app that I’m looking to add Auth0 to and add three custom sign-up fields. I quickly found out that the New Universal Login Page was not going to be it.

I’m looking for a way to add additional sign-up fields (first, last name, date of birth) where some will go on the root user and others in user_metadata. I know you can do this with Lock.js library

However, the Lock.js library seems a bit outdated given the fact that it’s still recommending to use bower to install and doesn’t look as heavily-maintained.

I’m looking more towards Auth0.js SPA-like library as that seems more up-to-date. Can I add additional fields using Auth0.js on the Next.js app? What would be the suggested solution to adding additional sign-up fields?

Hi @red_mystik,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you would like to add additional signup fields during sign-up for your application.

Unfortunately, the New Universal Login experience does not support additional sign-up fields. In this situation, I recommend using the Classic Universal Login experience to include additional signup fields for your application.

Please read our How to configure additional signup fields on the Universal Login Page FAQ for a detailed explanation.

I hope this helps!

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

1 Like