Add social connections via API

I am trying to create a custom streamlined Google OAuth sign-in process. Can sign into google on my own (custom) and then post the social connection to auth0 via API?

Here is what I am trying to do:
One button social sign up initiated directly from our website.

1. User presses “sign into google” on our site
  2. Google account is authorized
  3. Account is created on our side
  4. We post all this info to auth0 via API so they can authenticate again later with the same Google Auth.

Is this possible?

1 Like

Hi there @jnarowski,

I don’t believe this is possible at this time but let me confirm and get back to you. Thanks!

I was able to confirm that isn’t possible.

You however can call the /authorize endpoint and specify the google connection if you want auth0 to go directly to the google login page.

If you feel this is indeed a feature you would like to see in the future, please visit Auth0: Secure access for everyone. But not just anyone. and share the use case. Each submission is read by our product team and help shape our features moving forward in our roadmap!

Can you provide the full url?

Is it

Https://mydomain.auth0.com/authorize/google

The more detail you provide the better here.

Any updates? I just need the direct URL to get from our website to the google identity verification within auth0.

You can see how if we have a button on our website called “sign in with google” and then that goes to the Lock page where they have to press “Sign in with Google” again, that is a clunky process.

That is the exact issue I am trying to solve.