Account Linking Extension gives state missing from the response error

Hello,

I’m using account linking extension to link accounts. When a user’s primary account is Auth0 (email login) it works perfectly when user tries to signup with another social provider.

But when primary account is Google or Microsoft, signing up with email redirects user to link accounts, by logging in with the social provider. When the user tries to login with the provider, state missing from the response error is returned.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Hi @osrl ,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I tested the account linking with the primary account is Google and was able to link it with the same email password account successfully.

Have you tried turning off the account linking extension and see if you can sign up and log in with email-password?

If you are still experiencing this issue, could you repeat this error and DM me the har file for further investigation?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for the updates. I checked both HAR files, and the only error is

## Cache data missing
The cache information is missing from the entry

And this error appears in both HAR files. For some reason, there is no “state missing from the response” error.

Since your tenants have paid subscriptions, I suggest you create a support ticket so our DSE can troubleshoot this issue with you over a call. If you need help creating the ticket, please provide the tenant name and the email used in your test. Thanks!