Is it possible to customize Auth0 authentication pages/controls?

I’m starting to look into Auth0 as the Identity Provider for an Open ID Connect flow and I was wondering if I’m right with the following information.

• the drop-in Auth0 login form can be logo and color customized, but that’s all?
  • there exists libraries for creating a custom login page but they are not ready for the full login/grant access flow

I’m currently looking at solutions for the Identity Provider and I really like what Auth0 offers, not just to sure on the customization side of things.

You already can provide a completely customized user experience by customizing your hosted login page.

This would support every authentication and authorization related features available at the moment. You can customize the hosted login page in more than one way:

• customize the Auth0 Lock control shown on the hosted login page (it supports more than just logo and color) purely by setting a configuration object; see the Lock 10 customization reference page for all the available options.
  • provide a completely custom hosted login page by leveraging the UI-less Auth0.js v8 library; this gives you complete control over the UI of the hosted login page. For reference information on this see the using Auth0.js in the hosted page documentation.

In addition to the above there are some scenarios where you may want to have the user input their custom username/password credentials (mostly database connections) directly in your client application instead of the Auth0 hosted login page. For this scenarios there is indeed work in progress to enable to do this while still leveraging all the currently available authentication and authorization features.

Despite of this work in progress to address edge case scenarios we do recommend to whenever possible to make use of the hosted login page as it decreases the cost of client application implementations as the application will no longer need to directly handle user credentials.

Hello,

I’m trying auth0 and I found that I cannot change l10n settings of the consent dialogs.

Another problem I’ve found is that screen readers doesn’t work well with the editors I’ve found over the manager site.

Can I host my own login/logout/consent/grant pages and use them over the hosted ones?

Cheers,

Hello,

I’m trying auth0 and I found that I cannot change l10n settings of the consent dialogs.

Another problem I’ve found is that screen readers doesn’t work well with the editors I’ve found over the manager site.

Can I host my own login/logout/consent/grant pages and use them over the hosted ones?

Cheers,

The answer would be different depending on the page, for example, the consent screen/dialog does not currently support customization and cannot be hosted elsewhere; the support for customization will be available in the future. For the hosted login page you can fully customize it or although you cannot host it yourself you can somewhat bypass it by handling authentication directly in the client application itself. Have in mind that the recommendation is still to use the hosted pages.