How long will Widget 5.0 be supported ?

My website, https://www.witnesser.co, uses Widget 5.0 : https://cdn.auth0.com/w2/auth0-widget-5.0.min.js

I think I saw a warning message somewhere, informing me that I am using an old API, and that according to information on May 11th, I should change to Lock or something.

I can’t find that warning message back, and I can’t find a May 11th message.

I would like to make sure that the API that I am currently using will still be supported in the coming year.
What I am looking for, is to know how long it will work. I don’t need “support”, but I just need it to work. As of now it still works. So I guess it hinges upon (i) the availability of the widget library on the CDN, and (ii) the REST API still working.

Any information on that ?

To my knowledge and based on the support matrix available the library you refer to no longer has support and has been, as you mentioned, superseded by Lock. At this time, Lock v10 is fully supported and Lock v9 may receive bug fixes.

In conclusion, for a similar experience to the one you currently have the recommended approach would be to make use of Lock v10.

Thank you very much for the swift reply !
I might have been unclear. What I am looking for, is to know how long will it work ? I don’t need “support”, but I just need it to work. As of now it still works. So I guess it hinges upon (i) the availability of the widget library on the CDN, and (ii) the REST API still working.

Any idea on this ?

I confess that I don’t have full knowledge on the underlying API surface area used by that widget because since we technically don’t support it I have never used it or reviewed how it works. Having said that, as far as I’m aware the library is not scheduled to be removed from the CDN, however, it may be using legacy endpoints that will be removed in the future. For the removal of legacy endpoints there should be a notification as that would be a breaking change in the API. In conclusion, based on what I know it should continue to work, but I would recommend you to consider an update.

Yes ! That’s precisely what I am wondering : whether endpoints will still be there.
Thanks for your answer. I should definitely update some day, but the problem is I can’t afford it right now, so I am hoping I can last 6 more months that way.