WordPress Cache/Cookies Not Functioning Properly

Hi all,

I am experiencing a critical error while setting up Auth0 on my WordPress site, this is the issue reported on GitHub: “WordPress crashes on setup: ‘There has been a critical error on this website.’”.

System Configuration:

• Operating System:

• Name: Debian GNU/Linux
    • Version: 11 (bullseye)
  • PHP Configuration:

• Version: 8.2.13
    • Memory Limit: 512M
    • Upload Max Filesize: 80M
    • Post Max Size: 80M
  • Database:

• Server: MariaDB
    • Version: 11.1.3
  • WordPress:

• Version: 6.5.3
  • Auth0 Version: 5.2.0

I’ve encountered multiple issues with Auth0 integration:

1. Compatibility Issues: Initially, I was unable to activate Auth0 due to conflicts with another plugin that uses a custom configuration for a PSR; the interfaces likely do not match.

2. Plugin Conflicts: Upon successful activation, Auth0 interfered with other plugins and site functionalities. Elementor failed to operate correctly, users were unable to log out, and sessions never expired. Additionally, any attempt to deactivate a plugin resulted in the error message “The link you followed has expired.”

Based on these symptoms, I suspect that the problems may be related to cookie management or caching mechanisms.

Any insights or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @seranca :wave: I’ve addressed your question regarding a conflict with another plugin using an older version of the PSR standard over on GitHub; your conflicting plugin needs to update its dependency support, and that isn’t something addressable on our end.

I’ve followed up on your other question, but we’ll need to separate that into its own issue, and I’ll need substantially more background information to help you troubleshoot the issue.