Why Post Login action is not called after Post Registration action?

Hi,

In Post Registration I am assigning default roles to a new user. In Post Login action I update the token with the user’s roles.

Post Login action only works for already existing users but not during registration.

What action or method would you recommend for updating token during registration?

Thanks,
Denis

1 Like

Hi @denis.volokh,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand you have experienced issues with the Post Login action not triggering for new users.

Before we continue, could you please clarify how you are assigning default roles to a new user? Would you be able to share your Action script for clarity? (Be sure to obfuscate any sensitive information).

Next, I have not been able to reproduce your observations but instead can confirm that the Post Login Action scripts execute after the Post User-Registration Action scripts. Seeing that, I recommend adding a console.log() statement to your Action scripts and using the Real-time Webtask Logs Extension to verify if your scripts are executing.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.