What to use for realm with auth0.js based hosted login page and adfs connection

Hello,

I’m having trouble getting my app to allow authentication to enterprise hosted ADFS system. I think I have isolated the issue to wrongly named realm I’m trying to use, though, the issue might be elsewhere too.

Let me tell you what works:

1. I’ve setup ADFS connection and configured it properly. If I try “test connection” in the auth0.com control panel, it claims that everything is working. the connection name is ADFSConn
  2. If I manually test my applications WSFederation Sign-In URL, it seems to work.
  3. I have enabled username/password database as well as ADFS connection for my application. My test users reside in user/pass database. When I login with my test users, the login works.

Steps 1, 2 and 3 above produce correct logging in auth0.com das board which I can verify.

So, what does not work then?

I created custom login page in “Hosted Pages” and use auth0.js to do the magic.

1. When I invoke webAuth.login() with username, password and realm=“Username-Password-Authentication” the login works, and it correctly verifies credentials against my test users there. (this solution does not accept ADFS user credentials)
  2. When I invoke with realm=“ADFSConn” I get error “400: Not supported connection”
  3. When I invoke with realm=“urn:auth0:ADFSConn” I get error “404: Connection not found”

Hence, my problem is that I’ve not yet succeeded in writing a hosted login page which would allow my adfs users to login. (and I suspect I just define my realm in a wrong format)

Also, I’m unsure can I allow both my test users (user/pass database) and adfs users to login via the same page transparently?

Hey there!

Terribly sorry for such delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing the best developer support experience out there, but sometimes our bandwidth is just not enough for all the questions that are coming in. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Do you still require further assistance from us?